The Fleece & Craven Heiffer sold

• Posts 1525
  • Thank you received: 62

solarplexus created the topic: The Fleece & Craven Heiffer sold

Just read the following via Fleece Addingham F/b :

"In a deal between ourselves, Punch and the Seafood Pub Company we have sold both our pubs in Addingham.
The Craven Heifer will close as of today and re-open in 4-6 weeks under new ownership via Punch. The Fleece will reopen soon under the management of The Seafood Pub company.

This is not a decision I have taken lightly especially as we invested so much time blood sweat and tears into both pubs, and into the redesign of the Fleece following the fire, but it is the right thing for everyone involved at this moment in time.

We hope you enjoy The Fleece in its new guise, it really does look impressive if I do say so myself, I think that Seafood will still be able to put their own touches on what I think the Fleece deserves to be as a layout and venue.

Thank you for your custom over the years, we will miss The Fleece x"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 67
  • Thank you received: 3

harvey spicer 2 replied the topic: The Fleece & Craven Heiffer sold

it's been fairly common knowledge for weeks now, despite what Craig say's in his facebook post,
seafood pub company people have been seen at various site meetings for a while now, they have invested a huge amount of money in the north of England on various venues, inc the alma inn.

what they do with the fleece and heifer remains to be seen. but looking at their other pubs they look a good fit.

seafoodpubcompany.com/

www.bighospitality.co.uk/Business/Seafoo...ter-18m-capital-deal

www.pentacapital.com/portfolio-overview/seafood

• Posts 1525

solarplexus replied the topic: The Fleece & Craven Heiffer sold

harvey spicer 2 wrote: it's been fairly common knowledge for weeks now, despite what Craig say's in his facebook post,
seafood pub company people have been seen at various site meetings for a while now, they have invested a huge amount of money in the north of England on various venues, inc the alma inn.

Bit disingenuous for him to suggest otherwise. Judging by the comments that follow the F/b post, his employees weren't aware of what was going on.

what they do with the fleece and heifer remains to be seen. but looking at their other pubs they look a good fit.

The seafood people are only taking on the Fleece, the Craven Heiffer is to become part of Punch Taverns.
Don't understand why the Heiffer needs to close for 4 to 6 weeks.
Any ideas?

• Posts 67
  • Thank you received: 3

harvey spicer 2 replied the topic: The Fleece & Craven Heiffer sold

Craig ........disingenuous.......???? ;) you don't say ........
as for F/B comments :huh:
pub and restaurant owners seem to be lauded by many people as local royalty or celebrity's, when quite a few of them make a habit of going bust or leaving a mess behind. it doesn't stop the sycophantic rubbish some people rush to spout on social media.

good point on the Heifer, I think it has always been owned by Punch Taverns for the last 10 years or so any way ?

i'll see what I can find out .

• Posts 1525

solarplexus replied the topic: The Fleece & Craven Heiffer sold

harvey spicer 2 wrote: Craig ........disingenuous.......???? ;) you don't say ........
good point on the Heifer, I think it has always been owned by Punch Taverns for the last 10 years or so any way?

If Punch Taverns already owned the Craven Heiffer, that would suggest that rather than selling the pub, Craig has just handed the lease back or just not renewed it.

Would any money change hands in this situation?
Value of any stock perhaps, but what of his employees & his financial obligations to them - pensions etc., has his actions left them in the lurch?