Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

• Posts 111
  • Thank you received: 0

rufus replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

25 New Jobs for Ilkley I will believe it when I see it !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 75

bob replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

25 new job IN ilkley

• Posts 1360
  • Thank you received: 42

Jasper replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

frankie4fingers wrote: www.ilkleygazette.co.uk/news/10396289.Aa...new_jobs_for_Ilkley/

... and now it is open!

Has anybody been? Any good?

A party of us were there on Saturday. We all enjoyed the offerings which were well up to the high standards expected at Aagrah. Full house & lots of happy faces all around. Pleasant d├ęcor (including a slightly surreal Cow & Calf montage) and tables reasonably well spaced, so civilised dining.

So, can't fault the operation .... yet my preference is still for Kiplings by the station or the Asian restaurant in Wells Road, whose name I can't recall just now. Aagrah seems more like a food business operation whereas experiences at the others seemed rather more intimate, friendly & relaxing and much easier to converse with their owners and waiting staff.

Was amused to see the rival camps sitting out on the deckings at M&V, Martinez & The Grove. Looked like they were gearing up to a bread roll confrontation at 8.00pm? Tried to decide which decking crowd were the in-crowd, but eventually decided they all looked like Ilkley's human sheep in a pinfold!

• Posts 1743

mcnab replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

Did you recognise any of the 25 new staff Jasper? Are any of them 'local'?

• Posts 1360

Jasper replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

Only 1 middle-aged waiter who I recall from a different(Bradford) restaurant... and I doubt that any of the staff live locally....

• Posts 70
  • Thank you received: 5

dun lurkin replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

Went for a meal to the Aagrah on Tuesday, the worst Indian meal I've eaten in a very long time!
The food was overcooked and tasted like it had been spiced with cheap, poor quality curry powder. They make a big thing of seafood here but the scallop starter my wife had was tasteless and overcooked.
It was our second visit, 1st was ok but this was just awful. Good news for the other Asian eateries in Ilkley I guess.

• Posts 2460

Elvis_Himselvis replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

Why is there such a dearth of good Indian food in Ilkley? It beggars belief with Bradford just over the hill.

Good Chinese and Thai restaurants wouldn't go amiss either.

A little less conversation, a little more action

• Posts 70

dun lurkin replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

I think different people like different things.So I quite like some of the dishes at Panache even if it's not the sort thing you'd find in some Bradford restaurants or Brick Lane in the east end of London. I know too that others in Ilkley rate other restaurants that suit them.What irks me is food or service that is simply unacceptably poor at whatever level that eatery is pitching at.
Do agree that the town could use a good Chinese restaurant, haven't tried the latest incarnation of the Thai resturant but reviews seem mixed.
On the plus side went to the Farsyde a week or so ago and had the best meal there for a long time!

• Posts 5

boozie replied the topic: Aagrah to open 16th restaurant in Ilkley*

I'll stick to Kipling's where the food is good and they will cook anything you like even if it is not on the menu and the staff are great. Aagrah is just a chain now that trades on its name not the food or service.