Murder!

• Posts 1749
  • Thank you received: 43

mcnab created the topic: Murder!

Anyone remember a fella getting shot dead at Hawksworth in the 60/70s? Seen stuff online about an earlier shooting in the 1800.

and another. an American serviceman at Otley in the 1960s?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 204
  • Thank you received: 5

The Poor Lad replied the topic: Murder!

Dad told a tale about an airman being shot at the passing place (now a gateway) by Jumb Beck...the tale had it that he was going out with the girl that lived at the cottage just above and there were even more theories about who did it, although whether anyone was caught I don't know.

Yeah...why not?

• Posts 1749

mcnab replied the topic: Murder!

Ah! Same murder! Was this wartime?

• Posts 204

The Poor Lad replied the topic: Murder!

mcnab wrote: Ah! Same murder! Was this wartime?

I'm not sure...the way Dad talked about it he made it sound as though it was more recent than that but I'll ask him and will post afterwards. Other than yourself he's the only person I've ever heard mention it.

Yeah...why not?

• Posts 1749

mcnab replied the topic: Re:Murder!

bump

• Posts 204

The Poor Lad replied the topic: Re:Murder!

Sorry, McNab...Dad's not been the best of late so this slipped off the radar. Anyhow, even restored to full health (isn) his 87 year old memoir ain't what it was and he can remember nothing other than what you already know.

I called at the house above where the man was found to use the phone in 1977 after suffering a front wheel puncture on my mo'bike when riding past...dad came and helped me repair the tube and then told me the story and said that I might even have been talking to the chap what did it (allegedly, m'lud) because the airman that was killed was courting the daughter of the family that lived in the bungalow. Who knows? Sorry that I can't add any more to this macabre yet fascinating tale.

Yeah...why not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcnab