Trojan Horses galloping through Bradford Schools?

• Posts 1360
  • Thank you received: 42

Jasper created the topic: Trojan Horses galloping through Bradford Schools?

Anyone seen the Trojan Horses infiltrating Bradford schools....Carlton Bolling, Laisterdyke, possibly others?

I find myself confused and puzzled about the vehemence of the accusations made by the Chief Ofsted bod:

Apparently, there is sex-segregation for some classes and activities in 'TH' schools...... Oh dear. But total sex segregation practised by single sex schools is perfectly fine and is often associated with higher academic attainment? Couldn't sex segregation be quite sensible and appropriate for some activities?

School trips to Saudi Arabia are abhorrent..... but organise them for Ecuador, Nepal or Disneyland and they are perfectly fine?

There is indoctrination and intimidation of pupils taking place in some TH schools? I wonder if it as bad as some of the schools run in the past by the Jesuit Fathers, not to mention the culture of some of our posh independent schools?

Governing bodies are being manipulated by individuals with 'agendas'? Now when was there a governing body that was not either supine to an overbearing head,... or dominated by its chairperson...... or influenced by participant governors promoting their pet hobby horses? And are power struggles in school governing bodies much different from those in company boards of directors? If Paul Flowers didn't have a clue about banking, just how did he get to achieve his noteriety as Chairman of the Board at the Coop Bank? Why is no one looking for Trojan Horses in the boardroom?

With all the grim news coming in from Iraq I'm as anxious as anyone to ensure that extremism and radicalisation does not take root in UK schools.

But I also recall that I first became interested in public affairs in the 1950s at a time when a certain Senator Joe McArthy was in full flow conducting his witch hunt against 'Communists' and 'Homosexuals' They were to be found and to be outed from under every bed and inside every closet at that time...literally so as the two categories were pretty much interchangeable to Joe.

And the outcome of the Commie purges? I seem to remember it led to flower power?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 111
  • Thank you received: 0

rufus replied the topic: Trojan Horses galloping through Bradford Schools?

I seem to remember A headmaster Ray Honeyford from Drummond School in Bradford Exposing this kind of thing nearly 30 years ago ,Im not to sure but I think they called him a Racist and sacked him ....

• Posts 73
  • Thank you received: 10

ilkleyswingers replied the topic: Trojan Horses galloping through Bradford Schools?

Honeyford was a courageous & truthful man & so was bound to fall foul of media liberals