Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

• Posts 2838
  • Thank you received: 31

BertieWooster replied the topic: Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

What a nasty and unworthy post, Nabbers.

Which bit of 'the response is appalling' from my previous post did you miss?

From the news this morning-'Hamas rejects extension of the ceasefire, firing rockets at Israel as truce comes to an end'. It's shocking to me that so many in the UK are so one-eyed on the subject. Hamas gets a free ride to fire 300 rockets a month into Israel?

Galloways an apologist for some of the worst regimes in existence. I'll take him seriously when he condemns the IsIS genocide of the yezidis As for his 'Bradford is an Israeli free zone'...anti-semitic nonsense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 1749
  • Thank you received: 43

mcnab replied the topic: Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

I speak my mind Bertie, but waited 24 hrs so I didn't use stronger language. I know you are a highly intelligent chap and cannot believe you buy into the argument that anyone who criticises Israel is an Anti Semite when in fact even Orthodox and non orthodox Jews are also demonstrating worldwide against the Zionist agenda in Gaza.

There are kids from our own local area being called up to fight for Israel as they have dual nationality, if someone from this country went to fight for the Palestinians they would be jailed on their return for terrorism.

Galloway repeats the same things that I have heard from my own Aunt and Uncle, my Aunt is Palestinian, my Uncle has worked in every Arab state and region since 1949. Hamas are freedom fighters attempting to defend their shrinking county which has become a concentration camp, using the few home made weapons they have. I admit I didn't register your last line ' whilst the response is appalling', but the general tone of your posts seems to be they have it coming and have brought upon themselves. Cut off from the outside world and brutalised on a daily basis, I reckon they have little choice but to fight on, they are being exterminated.

Nasty and unworthy? Sorry I don't agree.

• Posts 2838

(Text removed)

• Posts 1749

• Posts 2838

Jayzus, doctors as apologists for terrorist murderers. I guess they follow in fine footsteps after Mengele.

• Posts 1360
  • Thank you received: 42

Jasper replied the topic: Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

mcnab wrote: www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/articl...4%2961044-8/fulltext

Hpefully, others will read this text and judge for themselves whether the doctors who have reported their experiences are apologists for terrorists or acting upon their ethical code of conduct. The letter, together,with all the news reports, places in context the resignation of Baroness Warsi from the coalition government. Cameron should begin to realise where public sympathies lie otherwise this issue will torpedoe his largely succssful record based on internal economic recovery. Also, worth remembering how positively history judges feedon fighters opposing repression, previously codemned as terrorists......... Forgotten Mandela already? The U N. has codemned some Isreali actions as war crimes against humanity. Is the UN, and its Secretary General, an apologist for terorists? I think not?

• Posts 71
  • Thank you received: 8

itsafaircopgov replied the topic: Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

I went to see George Galloway speak a couple of years ago in Bradford and the video that you down loaded shows him re-visiting similar themes in front of a similarly partisan audience. Unlike Macnab, however, I was unconvinced by his rhetoric.

Galloway is an excellent speaker who really holds his audience with his style, plausibility and emotion.However, he is also vain, factually highly selective and pompous (you might say a typical politician). But 'Gorgeous George's' biggest weakness is his inability to take any form of criticism. If ever the word seethe could be applied to anyone that person is George Galloway when alternative views are aired.

In the video George trots out his usual line about the State of Israel that how it should be replaced. He is too clever to say destroyed but that is what he means. He also talks about the creation of a Jewish state in the Seychelles as if some great opportunity was missed, but echoing the Nazis plan to ship of European Jews to Mozambique.

Unsuprisingly,Sunni backed Hamas also have the same stated aim to eradicate Israel and just like George see Jewishness and Zionism as one and the same.

With Hezbollah to the north, Hamas to the south and Syria ans ISIS to the east, Israel no doubt feels threatened. Does this justify the killing of civilians in Gaza? Clearly, no it doesn't but it does go some way to explain their rationale.

• Posts 2838

Hamas still abide by their covernant of 1988 which describes the eradication of Israel. Is that not a terrorist doctrine? They fire between 300 and 1000 rockets at Israel every month. Many of those are fired from largely inhabited areas to protect them (hence the old joke 'Israel defends its children with rockets, Hamas defends rockets with children'). Is that not a terrorist action? They train children to be soldiers and suicide bombers. Is that not a terrorist action? This morning Hamas broke off the negotiations saying it would continue to attack Israel through its tunnels. A terrorist action?

Israel is a small state utterly surrounded by enemies. Given the evil of what's happening in Iraq and Syria and Libya (all thanks to western intervention, which should be a lesson to anyone preaching at us to get involved in this conflict) they're more than slightly paranoid. This seems as understandable as Palestinians hating the Israelis

I'm not aware of the UN condemning Israeli action as war crimes ( the Sec Gen referred to a 'cruminal act' in a statement on one single attacke which isn't the same thing) can you point to a UN resolution making such a statement? There are plenty condeming (rightly) both sides. It is possible to have a balanced view on the subject...

(Edit: and do you really think Cameron will lose a single vote over this? labour will be more concerned about the use Galloway will put it to after his movement had effectively been destroyed)

(Second edit: sorry, itsafaircop, you make the points more eloquently than me, our posts crossed)

• Posts 775
  • Thank you received: 14

Zeli replied the topic: Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

• Posts 1360

Zeli wrote: This makes chilling reading

newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2014/08...s-us-press-mostly-ig

But not new information? You only have to watch John Snow reporting live on Channel 4 news outside U.N school/hospital/refuge to see and hear Hamas launched rockets blasting off to Israeli targets. And, of course, this is atrocious conduct, as is having tunnel entrances also in highly populated areas where Israeli attacks on them will be bound to inflict civillian casualties.

Those of us who condem the disproportionate and criminal acts carried out by Israel are not blind to the atrocities commited by Hamas and its deliberate use of its civilian shield. (Inefectual as most of them are.)

But it might be worth pondering just how desperate a society must be to act in this way. Listen to what the Palestinian peope say when intterviewed about it...... Almost always they reply that they support the Hamas actions because they feel that they are being extinguished gradually in any case, they have nothing to lose. Is their cause any less worthy than that espoused by Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness, who now seem to regarded as elder statesmen? Think of the desperation of the Palestinians when comparing their military power compared with that of Israel...its rather like a small boy with a catapult facing up to the might of the Red Army!

• Posts 209
  • Thank you received: 14

riverwalker replied the topic: Boycott Tesco to support Palestinians?

So George Galloway is a credible politician :sick:

Tesco provides quality food :sick: :sick:

Is this conflict all one-sided ?

It would be better if the UK looked at itself and solved the domestic problems rather than telling everyone else what to do
The following user(s) said Thank You: rufus

• Posts 1749

Minimal death and destruction happening in Israel whilst tons and tons of munitions are being rained down on Gaza, killing, maiming and orphaning children. Apologists for these actions, especially those who consider themselves Christians should hang their heads in shame. Let us hope that their lives are not visited by Karma and they receive what they condone. One would hope that if our own children are ever used as human shields, the opposing force would hold their fire and that the worlds politicians wouldn't turn a blind eye.

It would appear that Israel wishes to exterminate the Palestinians and take the rest of their land, not unusual then that the rightful occupants are fighting back with the inferior weapons at their disposal.

In my personal opinion, based on what I have read, the Zionists are the aggressors, there is a distinction between them and people of the Jewish faith, many of whom are speaking out against the atrocities being committed by the Israelis. The Zionists wield a great amount of power in the world and have many people in their pocket, they control much of the worlds resources and public opinion via their ownership of the media.

Ultimately the responses to these issues seem to be clouded by calls of racism and accusations of anti-semitism, which is ironic given that history is repeating itself.

• Posts 2838

mcnab wrote: Minimal death and destruction happening in Israel whilst tons and tons of munitions are being rained down on Gaza,

Tons and tons of munitions are being rained down on Israel. The fact they have a defence system is neither here nor there.

killing, maiming and orphaning children. Apologists for these actions, especially those who consider themselves Christians should hang their heads in shame. Let us hope that their lives are not visited by Karma and they receive what they condone.

Ad hominem. And illogical. Christians would/should hardly believe in karma

It would appear that Israel wishes to exterminate the Palestinians and take the rest of their land, not unusual then that the rightful occupants are fighting back with the inferior weapons at their disposal.

Clearly untrue, there are no attacks on the West Bank. Meanwhile the Hamas charter is explicit in calling for the destruction of Israel. And George Galloway likewise. Interesting that Egypt is also cracking down on Hamas and the Gaza strip because of the terror campaign.

The Zionists wield a great amount of power in the world and have many people in their pocket, they control much of the worlds resources and public opinion via their ownership of the media.

Protocols of the Elders of Zion anyone? Struggling to think of a single British paper or TV channel owned by someone Jewish.

Ultimately the responses to these issues seem to be clouded by calls of racism and accusations of anti-semitism, which is ironic given that history is repeating itself.

Galloway is clearly anti-semitic (as many on the left, including Jeremy Corbyn MP at the recent London demo, clearly point out), and the boycott campaign likewise. Otherwise why attack M&S and Tesco?

• Posts 1360

So, its all kicking off again in Gaza... Israel attempts to assassinate Mohammed Deif, leader of Hamas, and apparently succeeds in killing his wife and children.

I would have thought that events in Iraq and with Al Qaeda clearly dispelled any notion that beheading a 'terrorist' organisation will weaken it? The reverse happens... it makes way for even more extreme individuals to step into their place.

Israel is perfectly capable of 'managing' the attacks from Hamas without resorting to brutality condemned by all respected world opinion.

I very rarely engage in matters political' but even I now feel obliged to
speak out and encourage others to do so.

According to Bertie, Israel is 'a small state surrounded by enemies' This is both absolutely true and a also complete fallacy and distortion of reality. Yes it is 'small' and certainly surrounded by enemies. It is also a nuclear world power with one of the most powerful military forces (army/air force/navy )in the world and an extremely successful State-operated terrorist force of its own.

My sympathies will continue to remain with the Palestinian civilians, women and children who are enduring this hell, being killed and maimed but who seem determined to continue to support Hamas given no other option for a way forward

• Posts 2838

Don't massively disagree with anything you've written Jasper, except this...

Jasper wrote: So, its all kicking off again in Gaza... Israel attempts to assassinate Mohammed Deif, leader of Hamas, and apparently succeeds in killing his wife and children.

You make it sound as though Israel re-started the conflict. They didn't. Hamas started launching rockets again a number of days ago, targetting Ben Gurion airport and specific settlements like Yad Mordechai.

I would think that trying to assassinate the leaders is a more acceptable strategy than mass-bombing; Al-Daif was a field commander and therefore responsible for actual military attacks.

My sympathies will continue to remain with the Palestinian civilians, women and children who are enduring this hell, being killed and maimed but who seem determined to continue to support Hamas given no other option for a way forward

And my sympathies continue to remain with the civilians on both sides. You haven't suggested what Israel should do to respond to continual rocket attacks (being a nuclear power is all very well, but as they wouldn't nuke Gaza or the West Bank, a little moot).