CO-OP or NO-hOPe

• Posts 209
  • Thank you received: 14

riverwalker created the topic: CO-OP or NO-hOPe

So, thought I would get my fresh bread earlier this week and went to the CO-OP. As, despite everything else being rubbish, they do seem to be able to make decent bread.

Tuesday - a small amount there. It was midday, so I thought there was a rush on. The one I liked was absent
Wednesday - went back earlier in the day. none there. Assumed they had just not got round to making it
Thursday - empty bread shelves at 9:30. I asked, was told the ingredients had not been delivered since Saturday

I would like to say that at this point, Jeremy Beadle or Cilla Black came out to say it was all a prank. But, like my hopes for fresh bread, they were dead and buried.

Went to Sainsburys Local in Menston instead. The bread is actually better. So the NO-hOPe CO-OP (or NO-OP for short) stick to your comedy retailer skills and hopefully you will close down soon.
The topic has been locked.
  • Posts 18
  • Thank you received: 3

stumm1 replied the topic: CO-OP or NO-hOPe

riverwalker? more like riverwa*ker...
  • Posts 209

riverwalker replied the topic: CO-OP or NO-hOPe

you know, the purpose of a forum is to give clean opinions and create debate. Its a shame some people just spout abuse
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilkleyswingers
  • Posts 18

What a shame that you don't like it when the tables are turned!

I suggest people look back at the long history of your bitter and tedious rants against this shop (and other targets) and decide for themselves.
  • Posts 209

Indeed people can look back at my posts.

Whether they agree or not, each is a structured point. As is this one. you have demonstrated a lack of intelligence by your simple profanity.

My point in this post - the store is a disappointment and Burley should be given a better service. My gran may forget to pick up ingredients, but surely a large chain should be able to do better.

And when you sit there devising another childish comment, may I draw your attention to some of the history of this store. It still keeps the freezer doors open, fails to serve customers, choosing to let the queue's build up and keeps the store in an untidy state. And one of my previous posts does draw attention to a wider NO-OP problem -

www.express.co.uk/news/uk/671896/Histori...r-leak-Co-op-chiller
  • Posts 18

We've finally got your attention now having told you to change the record after your repetitive posts.

Anyway, here's a solution if you don't like Co-op Burley instead of dragging up stories about the company in Cornwall:

Either shop elsewhere or contact Co-op head office in Manchester and stop bleating on about it.

At the end of the day, other small villages around here have even less facilities for example Pool or Addingham. Indeed, with a business head on, who would open up in Burley given the amenities it already has plus Ilkley, Guiseley and Otley being close by? You continuously calling for people to be sacked about it is petty bullying.

We've even had the Co-op manager try and help you on here, but you were rude, and then bizarrely asked him questions over planning matters. I don't think it's a store manager's role to sort out the S106 and parking plan.

BTW, why do you think it is appropriate to have a photo of Enoch Powell as your avatar in 2017?
  • Posts 209

I am always happy to respond to questions.

1. As stated in my post, I do go elsewhere to do shopping. However, I would really like to shop local.
2. CO-OP in Manchester are aware of the problem and explain it is the purpose of the individual store manager
3. The store manager tried to resolve some of the problems and I thanked him for that. Unfortunately he was let down by some of the staff
4. Sacking is a decision for the store manager. All that's needed is to stock the shelves, order goods and manage the queues
5. The issue in Cornwall at a CO-OP was due to a failure of that store to manage its leaking fridge i.e. clean up the floor
6. The issues of parking extend only when the delivery waggons park in the main road and inhibit the free-flow of traffic
7. My profile pic is my affair
  • Posts 125

RBC replied the topic: CO-OP or NO-hOPe

Inclined to side with Riverwalker on this the shop is an absolute joke a bad one at that. Complain to head office? already done. Did it have an effect?No. I actually bumped into one of the ex staff in the White Horse and he wasn't exactly complimentary of how the place is run either and the recent change over/influx of staff.

As for Riverwalker having an Avatar of Enoch Powell and whether it is appropriate in 2017? Don't be so PC. Is it appropriate coming onto the board and lowering your language to that of the gutter?
  • Posts 133
  • Thank you received: 18

Domski replied the topic: CO-OP or NO-hOPe

You have to agree he does harp on about it on here rather a lot.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...
  • Posts 125

RBC replied the topic: CO-OP or NO-hOPe

Given how slow this board can be I'm not moaning about it.