Indian Food

• Posts 3
  • Thank you received: 0

nitin created the topic: Indian Food

Hi Everyone

I am looking to bring a unique taste to Ilkley, which is centred around exquisite regional cuisine from western part of India- Rajasthan/Goa/Mumbai area. Whilst people may think that it would be same as a normal curry house but I can assure that the taste would be quite unique to anything being served around the full west Yorkshire.

However I am not trying to advertise here but wanting to understand that why are there so few good eateries serving Indian type of food in Ilkley as against Italian or anyother cuisine.

Since I don't come from this area and have lived all my life in Leeds, and am starting my first venture....inputs would be highly helpful to know if an authentic indian food is appealing to people of Ilkley or is it considered run of the mill affair.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 1360
  • Thank you received: 42

Jasper replied the topic: Indian Food

Nitin,
You are a very sensible chap to research the market carefully before investing your time and money. Lots of other businesss don't do that and suffer the consequences. Are you intending a full restaurant or a take-away venue? Agrah, Kashmir Aroma Panache and Seemas are all fairly well-established; Kiplings went out of business a year or so ago. Many Ilkley eateries suffer from low-occupancy, especially mid-week, so it seems that both high quality and value for money, as well as being distinctive, are necessary conditions to success in the Ilkely scene.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nitin

• Posts 3

nitin replied the topic: Indian Food

Hi Jasper

Thanks for the reply. It would be an full fledged modern restaurant aiming at fine wine and dine

• Posts 3

nitin replied the topic: Indian Food

Just to add whilst there are some established operators but during my rounds of the city , I really did not see them as doing very well...but I could be wrong as I have been mostly midweek early evenings.

• Posts 132
  • Thank you received: 18

Domski replied the topic: Indian Food

We go to Ilkley to eat out every so often but as Burley In Wharfedale already has two very good Indian restaurants (Moghul in particular) you would have to be offering something very special to compete with them. There's also the highly rated Kashmiri Aroma on the A65 between BIW and Ilkley which is just about walking distance for us.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...

• Posts 179
  • Thank you received: 16

Neo replied the topic: Indian Food

Good Luck with the new venture!

Without wanting to do-down the Burley restaurants; I find both those mentioned to be swimming in oil the last few times I've had take out - I make Indian food at home and there is no need for all that fat! (Rant over!)