Islam

• Posts 73
  • Thank you received: 10

ilkleyswingers created the topic: Islam

See Burley Oaks trying to brainwash the kids again, teachers telling the kids Islam is a peaceful religion, try telling that to the families of those killed or injured in London.
Should keep religion out of schools
The following user(s) said Thank You: rufus2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 4
  • Thank you received: 1

Burley benefits replied the topic: Islam

I don't really think this is the most appropriate place to be airing views of this type - maybe you should give Britain First a go? You might find some like minded people on there...!

• Posts 73
  • Thank you received: 10

ilkleyswingers replied the topic: Islam

maybe not but neither is the classroom
as for bringing the racist card out my partner is Asian so you can rule that one out

• Posts 4

It's hardly 'bringing out the racist card' - you've gone to the effort of creating a post on this forum to say something really ignorant. You're making out that Islam isn't a peaceful religion, just because of the actions of a few extremists.

I don't see anything wrong with religions education in schools - it's not brainwashing, it's teaching children to more tolerant and understand of different faiths and cultures. How can that be a bad thing?

• Posts 68
  • Thank you received: 3

harvey spicer 2 replied the topic: Islam

he didn't bring out the racist card,
by telling him to go on "Britain's first " you did...

he hasn't said anything wrong at all.

• Posts 1360
  • Thank you received: 42

Jasper replied the topic: Islam

Education is about preparation for life, in all it's complexities and should be rigorous, challenging and instill the values our sociiety adheres to. Given that religion is and has been a fundamental aspect of society it is difficult to find any rationale for ignoring it in the school curriculum. Surely it's more important to ensure we have the best quality of school leadership and teaching to ensure that religious education, like the rest of eduction, is of the highest quality?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Burley benefits

• Posts 209
  • Thank you received: 14

riverwalker replied the topic: Islam

There are religious schools (for all faiths) and that is perfectly fine. But I do think its a very topical post raised here

Question - If you do raise this subject in schools, is it appropriate given the current climate. They are children. Can they not be protected from all of this - and NO, in my view its not appropriate

• Posts 133
  • Thank you received: 18

Domski replied the topic: Islam

I was never taught about religion at school and know relatively little about it but I do think, particularly now, that people need to be taught that what they mean. It's all too easy for hate to spread because the ill informed are influenced by those that have an agenda.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch...

• Posts 115
  • Thank you received: 13

jefferson_farfan replied the topic: Islam

ilkleyswingers wrote: See Burley Oaks trying to brainwash the kids again, teachers telling the kids Islam is a peaceful religion, try telling that to the families of those killed or injured in London.
Should keep religion out of schools

They should instead teach students that making sweeping statements about specific groups will make them look like morons on online forums
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jp, Burley benefits

• Posts 10

rufus2 replied the topic: Islam

I Agree with ilkleyswingers 100% ....Islam is not a religion of peace ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilkleyswingers

• Posts 4

I'm interested as to why you think this, Rufus2?

• Posts 2838
  • Thank you received: 31

BertieWooster replied the topic: Islam

Looking for your equivalent post after the murder of Jo Cox to complain about the teaching of xtianity as a religion of peace. Struggling, struggling, nope, nothing. Why would that be?

Jefferson--there aren't enough golf clap gifs to applaud you for that comment.

To not learn about Islam when based in Bradford seems utterly asinine.

• Posts 10

rufus2 replied the topic: Islam

I could tell you Burley benefits but life is too short ....

• Posts 1749
  • Thank you received: 43

mcnab replied the topic: Islam

Anyone care to pull up figures on how many Muslims "our chaps" and their American pals have killed, bombed, maimed, made homeless etc in the various regime changes the west has inflicted in the Middle East over the last 16 years? Poke a hornets nest - expect to get stung, but considering the lack of violent reprisals here in UK, maybe islam actually turns the other cheek.

Personally I am surprised that 'radicalised' Islamic English white males haven't been a bit more resourceful in their terror attacks, than employing smouldering shoes on a plane and stabbings, after all there is so much knife crime in our cities, if it wasn't for the media hyping things up, nobody would notice. If I was a terrorist I would find it very simple to make a huge statement using easily acquired resources, just like the IRA chaps did, the fact nobody does that, shows the scale of the threat is minute compared to the impact the counter measures have on our lives.

Maybe I am a phobic though, because I do worry that the English Race, which for sake of providing a benchmark, I could perhaps define as the the product of the story which W. Churchill's 'A history of the English speaking peoples' describes, is being genocided by our leaders and invaded, mostly by lovely, honest, hardworking people, driven by a desire to provide a better life for themselves and their families, but different in their manners and culture, who have not fought for their place here and whose presence affects a change that is all too rapid and of which the outcome should be considered.

My worry doesn't manifest as hatred, maybe I have a little of that for those of our own race who don't get off their arses and lead a fulfilling life, 10% of the population of Burnsall are Eastern European, because the local hotels and pubs find there are those who that cant drag their carcass away from the Jeremy Kyle Show on TV and turn up for a job interview 5 miles away, whilst a kid from Bulgaria will happily hop on a plane and travel a 1000 miles to make it happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasper, Burley benefits

• Posts 125
  • Thank you received: 14

RBC replied the topic: Islam

Britain First really? Is that the best you can come out with? To link the posters comment with a racist group is laughable and indicative of a lack of thinking.

I think forums like this are a great place to discuss current affairs/issues but as proved by your response BB you are too quick to generalise the opinion as racist. Misguided the original poster? Absolutely. Do the comments have some foundation yes. If the school chose to discuss Islam as a religion of peace this week I do think it is insensitive to those who have lost their lives and families concerned. Do I think it was a coincidence they discussed it if so? No.

Let us be adults and not become offended by everything and anything, reasonable discussion is what makes this country great and I fear we are losing the ability to air our views without being immediately labelled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilkleyswingers, rufus2