High Royds Social Club

• Posts 1525
  • Thank you received: 62

solarplexus created the topic: High Royds Social Club

Saw this from Stephen Gallagher on Menston Village Group's F/b page

"Menston residents might not know about High Royds Sports and Social Club, which is ‘not for profit’ and appears to be in need of help. Following the loss of their original home, the developers of the site promised to build a new clubhouse, but this is now long overdue. The club’s membership has depleted and management committee needs new people. It maybe the developers are waiting for the club to fold, which will save them building a new clubhouse.

So might this be a great opportunity for our community? High Royds developers are offering a number of business units, but I hear none of them can be licensed other than the Social Club. Currently, in its temporary home, the club feels rundown, but with an injection of energy and direction it could be amazing. Imagine a local community club, in smart accommodation, offering food, coffee, wine bar, and beers with space for family events all at ‘not for profit’ prices. I know we have The Menstone and Fairfax Club, but given the size of the High Royds estate and Guiseley close by, this club should be vibrant.

I want to gauge interest if people are willing to help – maybe join the committee so the club can hold the developers to their promise to build a clubhouse."

High Royds Social Club
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilkleyswingers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 120
  • Thank you received: 13

RBC replied the topic: High Royds Social Club

If they don't get the social club they should still be forced to put the money into something.

• Posts 95
  • Thank you received: 2

SnookerCoach replied the topic: High Royds Social Club

Hi,

I am a World Snooker coach - happy to help you in the future - new clubhouse - junior snooker coaching program etc

David